This page explains how to find the Maginot Line Forts in Both Northern France and In the South of France, their is at the moment, no information on the Rhine casemates.
The information for the Northern Sites comes from Clayton Donnell's Web site with his permission. I would like to thank Caspar Vermeulen for his help with the Southern forts
Ouvrage de La Ferté
Ouvrage de Fermont
- Located 4 km east of Longuyon. Take D17a northeast out of Longuyon. Stay on D17a rather than enter the village of Fermont. Turn right onto D174. The fort is down this road a short distance - entrance to the left. Open 1 May to 30 September, every day, 1330 to 1700; October and April, Saturdays and Sundays, 1330 to 1600; all days for groups on demand.
Abri de Zeiterholz
- North of Thionville, just off of Autoroute A31. Take D57 to D57a at Oeutrange. Take D57a north to Entrange. Look for road off to the right which crosses over the Autoroute. The shelter is just over the Autoroute. Open 15 May to 15 September, 2 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month. Contact/Reservation: Amifort Entrange, 30 rue Principale, 47330 Entrange, Tel: (0) 3 82 55 11 43.
Ouvrage de l'Immerhof
- Located 2 km northwest of the town of Hettange-Grande, just off route D15. (For further information, see my link to Immerhof on the Home Page)
Ouvrage du Bois Karre
- A very interesting "Monolithic Bloc" located in the Cattenom Forest, just south of the village of Boust. Go just past the village on D57 toward Parthe. Turn right on the forest road just beyond the town limit (If you reach D56, you have gone too far). Visits by demand only - call 82 58 06 49.
Petit Ouvrage du Bois du Four - Monolith (single bloc) - it is located in the Bois du Four near the Camp de Morfontaine, off of D125. Owned by an an association and can be visited every first Sunday, May - September. they have a website
Ouvrage du Galgenberg
- Located in the Cattenom Forest. Heading north out of the village of Cattenom, take the Forest Road to the left just before you enter the village of Sentzich/Homeldange. Once in the forest, continue straight along the ridge to your right. The road curves to the right and the Munitions Entrance will be to your right. This fort opened since 1992 so there are probably signs directing you there. A 1 1/2 hour visit. Guides available in French only. One of the few defenses to possess stone tunnels. Open 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month, Mayl to September. Groups: All year long by appointment. Contacts/Reservations: Association "A15 le Galgenberg," 29 rue de Peupliers 57570 Gavisse. Tel: (0) 3 82 55 34 69 or (0) 3 82 84 71 58.
Ouvrage du Hackenberg
- One of the largest fortifications in the line, next to the Ouvrage du Hochwald. Hackenberg is located on the Hackenberg ridge near the village of Veckring. Leave the N153 at the village of Koenigsmaker and turn onto the D2. You will pass one of the Maginot Line above-ground garrison camps about 2km down on the left. (A friend tells me that this is now a paintball range). Continue to D60 past Buding. Continue towards Veckring. You will see an M10 tank parked on the left side of the road just south of the village. Turn left there and follow the road to the Munitions Entrance. Hackenberg is open from April to October, every Saturday, Sunday and holiday, beginning at 2:00, last tour at 3:30. Group tours (30 or more) may be arranged any day of the year.
Ouvrage du Michelsberg
- Located south of the village of Dahlstein, entrance off of D118h. Recently opened on Sundays from 2:00 to 5:00, April to September.
Abri de Bockange
- Located off of D3 near the village of Bockange, near the entrance to the Ouvrage d'Anzeling. 1 1/2 hour visit. Guides available in French and German. A surface shelter with some murals drawn by the Germans during the occupation. Open all year long by appointment. Contacts/Reservations: Abri de Bockange, 14 rue de la Parisienne, 57220 Bockange, Tel: (0) 3 87 35 79 42 or (0) 3 87 35 72 39.
Ouvrage du Bambesch
- Located west of the city of St. Avold, just off N3. Turn south off of N3 towards the village of Bambiderstroff. Bambesch is located between Zimming and Bambiderstroff. Open every other Sunday from 1300 to 1800 hours. The schedule changes each year. Call 87 90 31 95 for information.
Ouvrage du Rohrbach
- Rohrbach is located along the N62, about 20km east of Sarreguemines. The Ouvrage, which is called "Fort Casso" is located to the west of the village of Rohrbach, on the road to Guising (not numbered). Ouvrage Rohrbach is the only major building of the "Nouveaux Fronts" which can be visited. It is in immaculate condition. It has a complete mixed arms turret in working condition. Hours of visit are: 1 April to 31 October, every weekend and holiday at 1500. 1 November until 31 March, First weekend of the month at 1500 - call 87 09 70 95 for additional information.
Ouvrage du Simserhof
- This is a magnificent fortress. I have visited it three times and was amazed each time. It is also in excellent condition. Simserhof is located about 5 km west of the town of Bitche. If you are heading towards Bitche from Rohrbach, turn onto D35 at Frohmuhle, towards Legeret. Just past Legeret, look for the above-ground caserne. The road for Simserhof is identified to the left. Follow the winding road to the Munitions Entrance. Visits from 15 March to 15 December, from Tuesday to Friday and the first 3 weekends of each month. Tuesday through Thursday reserved for groups.
du Four à Chaux
- Located just south of the village of Lembach - Follow the direction signs from the center of the village. From 15 March to 30 June and 1 Sep to 15 Nov, every day at 1000 and 1500. July and August, every day at 0900, 1030, 1400, 1500, 1600, and 1700.
Ouvrage du Schoenenbourg
- Also in excellent condition. This is a self-guided tour so you can take as much time as you want in here. Schoenenbourg is located about 1 km north of the village of the same name, just off the D264, which continues into Wissembourg. Open from 0900 to 1600, from March to December, the first Sunday of the month and all holidays. In July and August, every Sunday.
Abri Caverne de Grasserloch
- Different from Zeiterholz in that this type of shelter was built underground and accessed by a staircase. Zeiterholz is an above-ground interval shelter. For visits and directions, check at Schoenenbourg.
Casemate of Markolsheim
- Also - Memorial of the Ligne Maginot du Rhin - Located south of the village of the same name, turn off D468 just south of the village. Casemate 35/3 is located along the road to the Rhine River crossing into Germany. Open from 15 March to 15 June and from 15 September to 15 November, every Sunday. From 15 June to 15 September, it is open every day.
(Information below derived from "Guide de la Ligne Maginot" by Alain Hohnadel and Michel Truttman and very kindly provided by Jean Pascal Speck of the Horizon Hotel in Thionville)
For those amateur "bunker archaeologists" who like to set out to explore on their own, this page will guide you to the rest of the Maginot Line fortifications. Some people find this the most rewarding way to study military archaeology. For one, there is no entrance fee. Second, you may take as much time as you like to explore (provided your flashlight doesn't run out of power). And finally, you may go wherever you wish. (How many of you, while on a guided tour, have tried to get a peek down the side corridor, or wonder what was down the dark passage or behind the closed door). But there are of course inherent risks.
Remember that these fortifications are approaching 70 years of age. While they will probably be here for centuries, many of their components have deteriorated. Stairway railings have rusted away, and concrete steps are crumbling. Many of the casemates sustained damage during the war and are unsafe. Many others are flooded, a particular danger when the light is poor.
I do not know the status of each fortification. I know that some of them still belong to the army. Others are on private property. Still others are abandoned altogether. (Many were bought up in the early 1970s and later to be used for the salvage of scrap metal). So there is a possibility that, if you don't know whose property you are on, you could be arrested. The best practice, if you don't want to take the chance, is to inquire at the town hall of the nearest village or town. They should be able to tell you who the owner is.
Therefore, be cautious, and never explore alone.
Here is the Maginot Line in the north, from West to East (Some of this information comes from the book "La Ligne Maginot" by Mary and is dated, so information may have changed). I would also like to thank Patrice Lang and Martin Rupp for their contributions.
Petit Ouvrage Les Sarts - 2 blocs - Located in the old Fort des Sarts, built in 1878. North of Maubeuge on N2, just north of la Grisoelle. In very poor condition. All metal removed by salvagers.
Petit Ouvrege de Bersillies - 2 blocs - Located east of N2, on D228, just north of the town of Bersillies. Sits atop the superstructure of a small postion of the same name built in 1891-1893. Now in ruins, all metal removed.
Petit Ouvrage de La Salmagne - 2 blocs - Exact location unknown. Probably on D28 between Elesmes and Vieux Reng. Modernized version of a fort built before 1914. Same condition as the two above.
Petit Ouvrage du Boussois - 3 blocs - Located northeast of the town of Boussois (just off N49, about 5km east of Maubeuge - road not marked). Built on top of Fort Boussois (1880). All metal removed, staircases have been blocked.
Gros Ouvrage du Chesnois - 6 blocs - Located north of N43 between Montlibert and Thonne-le-Thil (about 7km north of Montmedy). The entrance block (Bloc 7) has been walled up with cinder block and the combat blocs are covered with thick brush. The 75mm turret of bloc 5 has been removed.
Petit Ouvrage de Thonnelle - 4 blocs - Located on a small road off of N43 just south of Thonnelle (turn left), which connects with Le Fresnois. Bloc 4 contains the only remaining turret weapon in this sector. The rest is covered with brush.
Gros Ouvrage de Velosnes - 5 blocs - Located due south of the village of Velosnes, probably on the first right off of D118. Entrance bloc has been bricked up.
Petit Ouvrage du Chappy - 2 blocs - Located about 1 km east of Longuyon, first right off of D17a towards "Chappy." Today it is abandoned, but has not been scrapped.
Gros Ouvrage de Latiremont - 8 blocs - Located in the Bois de Latiremont. Easiest access would appear to be off D18a just out of Beuville (south of Fermont) towards Doncourt-les-Longuyon. Turn on road which runs north and west of Doncourt Cites, along the woods, then road turns back east - look for casemates to the left. Currently abandoned.
Petit Ouvrage du Mauvais Bois - 3 blocs - Located off of D125a between Laix and Villers-la-Montagne, in the Mauvais Bois. Privately owned; metal salvaged. Condition unknown.
Gros Ouvrage du Brehain - 10 blocs - Located in the Bois du Luxembourg. Entrances are located southwest of N52, about 1km from village of Crusnes. Combat blocs are located north of N52 between Brehain la Cour and N521 exit off of N52. Current status unclear.
Petit Ouvrage d'Aumetz - 3 blocs - Located about 1/2 km southeast of town of Aumetz. Appears that only small forest roads lead to the fort. Mostly scrapped, metal removed, covered up. Doesn't sound like there is much to see.
Gros Ouvrage de Rochonvillers - 11 blocs - Located on an army camp north of the town of Angevillers. Currently in use by the army.
Gros Ouvrage de Molvange - 9 blocs - Located on military terrain on a hillside west of the village of Entrange. Owned and used by the army.
Gros Ouvrage de Soetrich - 8 blocs - Located north and south of D57 just off of N53 about 1km north of the village of Soetrich. Abandoned - lost in the woods. Update as of July 1997 - Soetrich has been covered over by the army to prevent accidents. (But it is still accessible)
Gros Ouvrage du Kobenbusch - 9 blocs - Located in the Cattenom Forest. Take D56 towards Cattenom. Just before the nuclear plant on the right and the lake on the left, turn down the forest road. The ouvrage is about 1km down on the left. Owned by EDF The fort is flooded and has blocked just inside the main gallery.
Petit Ouvrage d'Oberheid - Single bloc monolith - Continue along the forest road, take first left, then first right. Oberheide is at the end of the forest road. Privately owned. Oberheid has been covered over by the army and is no longer accessible.
Gros Ouvrage du Metrich - 12 blocs - Southeast of Koenigsmaker. Take D2 south toward Buding. Metrich is on the ridge to the left. See the U.S. Army's "The Lorraine Campaign" in their World War II series for a good description of the American fighting on this ridge towards Hackenberg. Metrich is privately owned.
Gros Ouvrage du Billig - 8 blocs - Continue down D 2, turn left onto D255b. Turn left into the forest road just past the village of Briestroff la Petite. This will take you to the entrance bloc. When I was there it was locked up. The week before it wasn't. If you continue on D255b you will see some of the combat blocs in the woods at the crest of the hill.
Petit Ouvrage of Coucou - 2 blocs (plus the shelter of Coucou, which is located in the same area). Located where D60a (which comes from Monneren) curves into Kemplich. There is a hill right by the curve. The ouvrage and shelter are on the hill. Coucou is privately owned.
Gros Ouvrage du Mont des Welches - 7 blocs - Located half way between Kemplich and Dahlstein, along D118n. You can't miss the hill sticking up on the east side of the road. A forest road, which becomes narrower and more overgrown, takes you right to the munitions entrance. This ouvrage was spectacular to visit. It was wide open when I last visited. Follow the main gallery from the munitions entrance and take the first branch to the left to bloc 4. It is very unique and you can climb outside to take a look at it. It is two story, with 1 75mm turret on the top floor, and two 81mm mortar embrasures in the lower floor. The rest of the fort is very interesting. There is a very unique staircase leading to bloc 5. This is great candidate for restoration!
Petit Ouvrage du Hobling - 4 blocs - Turn right off D918, just before Chemery-les-Deux onto D118j towards Hobling. Go straight past the village, which will be to your left. The road leads into the woods. At the clearing, you will see some cupolas to your right. In the clearing across from the cupolas you will see what is left of Hobling. This is an example of a fort which was destroyed by the metal salvagers. The cupolas are chopped off and the machine gun turret of bloc 3 has been removed, leaving a gaping hole in the field. You can gain entrance in bloc 2, if you can get across the ditch, and through the escape door of bloc 1. Continue down the road and about 2km further down, just beyond the railroad overpass, is an interval shelter. You can explore the shelter.
Petit Ouvrage de Bousse - 4 blocs - Take first left after entering the village of Hestroff. Take the road to the left at the fork. About 1/2km down the road is a military road leading to the entrance bloc. When I found this bloc, it looked like it was being used by a farmer to store hay.
Gros Ouvrage d'Anzeling - 9 blocs - A very unique structure, located south of D3 between Hestroff and Anzeling. The entrance blocs are located off of D53 southeast of Bockange. In the center of the ridge is bloc 9, which is situated far to the rear of the main combat blocs, which are in the woods further north, along the ridge. I have no knowledge of its current status.
Petit Ouvrage de Behrenbach - 3 blocs, not connected. This is actually 3 separate blocs. The stairwells were cut, but the steps only go down about 2 flights, then they end. The stairwell is covered over with wood and was never finished. It is in very bad condition.
Petit Ouvrage de Bovenberg - 6 blocs (bloc 3 not connected). Located east of D154E, parallel to the village of Eblange. Take the first left along the woods and you can see some of the casemates on the ridge to the left. One of them has a chalet built on top of it.
Petit Ouvrage du Denting - 3 blocs - Exact location unknown, but I suspect it is off of the road between D954 and the village of Denting on the left, going toward Denting. Mary does not have much to say about it.
Coume - There are four ouvrages located around the village of Coume which is on D72; Village de Coume (3 blocs - on the left before entering Coume); Annexe Nord (Single bloc, south of Coume); Coume (Single bloc - south of Annexe Nord); Annexe Sud (4 blocs - also south of Coume). The last are located on the road which leads from Coume (first right past the village, before the cemetery) to Bisten-en-Lorraine. All are open.
Petit Ouvrage de Mottemberg - 3 blocs - Located behind a barbed wire fence on what appears to be a farm, along D25 just outside and northwest of Boucheporn. Mottemberg belongs to a scrap metal dealer who has destroyed it completely. Even the steel railings in the stairwells have been removed. Blocks 2 and 3 are in ruins.
Petit Ouvrage du Kerfent - 4 blocs - Located at the end of the forest road in the center of the town of Zimming, which is between Autoroute A4 and N3, in the Bois de Kerfent (east of the village). There are some photographs of Kerfent taken in June 1940 after the German occupation, in the book "On A Livré La Ligne Maginot" by Roger Bruge. I ventured into Kerfent. The entrance is at the end of the forest road. This ouvrage is flooded. The depth at the foot of the staircase is to the top of the shoes - it gets deeper as you work your way to the principal gallery, and is very dangerous. You can get a good idea of the damage done by the German 88mm anti-aircraft guns on bloc 2 of this fort.
Petit Ouvrage D'Einseling - Single bloc - Located on the Einselingerberg to the east of the town of Bambiderstroff. Heading south on D74 through Bambiderstroff, take a left at the exit to the village, just past the church and cemetery (which is on the left), before D74 curves 90 degrees to the right. You may have to park along this road about half way down (1 km) and walk to the north throug the fields to the ridge. Further down the road you will cross over D910 where the road turns into D110d towards Teting. Just past the intersection are some interesting casemates off to the left - the Casemates des Quatre Vents. Just beyond the casemates and under the electrical pylons, take the first road to the left towards...
Petit Ouvrage du Laudrefang - 5 blocs - This should be found at the end of the road. Laudrefang is now abandoned.
Petit Ouvrage du Teting - 3 blocs (bloc 1 not connected) - Located just past Teting Camp and before D20, off to the left. Also abandoned and open and disappearing into the vegetation. Only access is through the emergency exit in block 3. Teting is the last ouvrage before the Sarre gap, also called the Zone of Inondation. The next ouvrage is Haut Poirier, about 30 km away.
Petit Ouvrage d'Haut Poirier - 4 blocs - Void of artillery coverage by its neighbors. Located on the Rohrbach Plateau, on a hill overlooking the village of Achen. Drive on D84 to the town square of Achen with a small traffic circuit. turn right and follow the road north up the hill until you reach a church. Behind the church turn left and follow the road out of town. Turn left, then right and stay on this road. Drive straight through the next intersection. This will bring you directly in front of Haut Poirier after less than a mile. Haut Poirier is an excellent fort to visit because there is very little vegetation blocking its view (thanks to the sheep - but watch your step!). Unfortunately, the ditches have been filled up and every entrance has been blocked.
Petit Ouvrage de Welschoff - 3 blocs - Take D84 from Rorhbach-les-Bitches in the direction of Singling. After entering Singling, look for a small intersection with a few roadsigns which can be easily missed. Follow this road until you reach Welschoff Ferme. Behind the farm are two houses. Between the entrance to these buildings is a small path leading away from the road between two hills. The entrance block is straight ahead in the woods. When I drove by Welschoff, there were many cars parked there and it looked as though it belonged to a club of some sort. (I have found out that this was actually the casemeates of Singling North and West which are owned by a shooting club. There are many casemates in this area, since these forts were something of an afterthought. Welschoff also has some interesting camouflage which resembles trees and some false gun turrets made of concrete. Welschoff is very interesting to visit because much of the damage caused by the Germans was repaired. Block 1 is a must see.
Gros Ouvrage du Schiesseck - 11 blocs - Located on either side of D35, between Simserhof and Bitche. The munitions entrance can be found on the first right past the Freudenberg Farm, which is at the junction of D35 and D35a. The men's entrance is across the road in the woods. The combat blocs are on army property, as are most of the fortifications around Bitche.
Petit Ouvrage d'Otterbiel - 5 blocs - Located east of D962, north of Bitche, on a prominent hill. On army property, used for munitions storage.
Gros Ouvrage de Grand Hohekirkel - 7 blocs - Located along the D35, just beyond the Camp de Bitche, on army property. I wouldn't even try to approach these.
Petit Ouvrage de Lembach - 6 blocs - Located southwest of the town of Lembach, across the Sauer River, on the road to Mattstal. Abandoned.
Gros Ouvrage du Hochwald - This is the largest fortification in the Maginot Line, with 14 blocs, 3 entrances, 9 counterscarp casemates protecting the anti-tank ditch (only Hackenberg has a tank ditch), and 8 km of underground galleries. It is the only ouvrage with two separate underground caserne areas, one on each side of the mountain. Unfortunately, it is still used by the French Air Force. However, Hohnadel/Truttman, in their guidebook, state that some visits may be possible
From North to South.
1. Petit ouvrage du Chatelard - 1 bloc - Located 1 km NE of Bourg-St-Maurice. Access from Bourg-St-Maurice. At the station take the road in the direction of Seez. The work is located on the left of the road, 700 m. after the stadium. Currently used as a dog shelter.
2. Petit ouvrage du Cave à Canon - 1 bloc - Located 1 km E of Bourg-St-Maurice. Access from Bourg-St-Maurice. At the station take the road in the direction of Seez. After the stadium and the swimming pool turn left. 400 m. after the bridge over the river Isère turn left. Currently used as a dog shelter.
3. Fort du Sapey - 5 blocs - Located 2 km W of Modane. Access from Freney. Take the road to St. André In this village follow the road to the Parc de la Vanoise/Les Charmettes. After passing Fontagneux take the road in the hairpin bend that turns to the left. Currently abandoned.
4. Gros ouvrage de St-Gobain - 5 blocs - Located 500 m. N of Modane. Access from Modane, Take the road to Aussois. 1 km after the bridge turn right. Currently opened to the public.
a. Casemate de St-Antoine - Located E of Modane. At the train station take the D107 to Termignon. After about 2 km you arrive at a large crossroad with five roads. Take the large road going south to the gravel pit (Carrière). At the end turn left. Currently abandoned.
5. Gros ouvrage de St-Antoine - 3 blocs - Located 500 m. S of Modane. Access from Modane,At the train station take the road in the direction of Bramans. After crossing the railway take the first road to the right. Go right again after 100 m. In the second hairpin bend take the road to the left. In the third hairpin bend after crossing the railway turn left. Take the first road to the right. Currently abandoned.
6. Gros ouvrage du Lavoir - 7 blocs - Located 3 km SW of Fréjus. Access from Fréjus. In the village follow the main road to the south in the direction of Valléé Etroite. In the large hairpin bend south of Fréjus turn right. Currently abandoned.
7. Gros ouvrage du Pas du Roc - 4 blocs - Located 3 SE of Fréjus. Access from Fréjus. In the village follow the main road to the south in the direction of Valléé Etroite. In the large hairpin bend south of Fréjus turn right. At the end of this road, at a parking place, turn left to Le Jeu. Continue on this road. After a narrow point turn left. Currently abandoned.
8. Petit ouvrage d’Arrondaz - 4 blocs - Located near the Col d’Arrondaz. Access from Fréjus. Take the cable railway in the direction of the Col d’Arrondaz. Take to path going to the SE. Currently totally covered except for bloc 2 that is used as a shop.
9. P.O. des Rochilles - 5 blocs - Located 1.5 km E of the Col des Rochilles. Access from the Col du Télégraphe. Take the road in the direction of Briançon. About 4 km south of Valloire take the road on the left to the Camp des Rochilles. Continue to the pass. Take the northern path around the lakes. At the end of the last lake take the path to the north that leads to the work. Currently abandoned.
1. Gros ouvrage du Janus - 8 blocs - Located 2.5 km SW of Montgenèvre. Access from Briançon. Take the D902 in the direction of the Col d’Izoard. Take the road in your left with the large sign “Route Militaire”. Follow this road. At the cross road go straight on. Attention this is a military road, so a permit of the military is needed for access. There are regular checks. Currently owned by the community Montgenèvre.
2. Petit ouvrage du Col de Buffère - 3 blocs (1 bloc completed) - Located N of the Col de Buffère. Access from St-Chaffrey. Take the D234 in the direction of Col de Granon. After about 8 km, in a hairpin bend, turn left to the Col de Buffère. Currently abandoned.
3. Petit ouvrage du Col du Granon - 4 blocs (3 bloc completed) - Located N of the Col du Granone. Access from St-Chaffrey. Take the D234 in the direction of Col de Granon. Currently abandoned.
4. Petit ouvrage Les Aittes - 4 blocs - Located 2 km E of Cervières. Access from Cervières. Take the D89T in the direction of Le Bourget. 250 m. before the large wall across the valley turn right. Follow the path keeping to the left. Cross the bridge and follow the path in the anti-clockwise direction. Currently abandoned, but owned by the army.
5. Petit ouvrage Le Gondran E - Located 3 km S of Montgenèvre. Best access from Montgenèvre. In the village centre follow the N94 to the west. 200 m. before the cable railway turn left and after 50 m. to the right. After 500 m. turn left. Currently owned by an association.
6. Gros ouvrage du Roche-la-Croix- 6 blocs - Located 500 m. S of Meyronnes. Access from La Condamine-Châtelard. Take the D900 in the direction of the Col de Larche. After crossing the bridge take the first road on the right. Currently opened to the public.
7. Gros ouvrage Haut de St-Ours - 5 blocs - Located 500 m. E of t-Ours. Access from St-Ours. In the village take the road to the east. After 600 m. turn left. Currently opened for the public.
8. Petit ouvrage du Plate-Lombarde - 4 blocs - Located 2 km SE of Fouillouse. Access from Fouillouse. Follow the GR5 to the east. Currently abandoned.
9. Petit Ouvrage Nord Ouest de Fontive -2 Blocks
10. Petit Ouvrage Nord Est de Saint Ours – 2 Blocks
11. Petit ouvrage Bas de St-Ours - 1 bloc - Located 6000 m. SE of Meyronnes. Access from Meyronnes. Take the D900 in the direction of the Col de Larche. The work is located on the left of the road. Currently privately owned.
12. Petit ouvrage du Col de Restefond - 3 blocs - Located 500 m. N of the Col de la Bonette. Access from the Col de la Bonette. Take the D64 in the direction of Barcelonette. Currently abandoned.
13. Gros ouvrage de Restefond - 6 blocs (3 bloc completed) - Located 200 m. N of the Col de la Bonette. Access from the Col de la Bonette. Take the D64 in the direction of Barcelonette. Currently abandoned
14. Petit ouvrage des Granges Communes - 2 blocs (1 bloc completed) - Located 1 km. NE of the Col de la Bonette. Access from the Col de la Bonette. Take the D64 in the direction of St-Etienne-de-Tinée. Currently abandoned.
15. Petit ouvrage du Col de la Moutière - 3 blocs - Located 750 m. SE of the Col de la Bonette. Access from the Col de la Bonette. Take the D64 in the direction of Barcelonette. After 1 km turn left, turn once again left after 1.500 m. Currently abandoned.
1. Petit ouvrage Col de Crous – 4 Blocs Block 1 and 2 not built.
2. Petit Ouvrage Col de Valette - 4 Blocs Not built at all.
3. Gros ouvrage de Rimplas - 6 blocs. - Located east of the village Rimplas. - In the village take the road to the tennis court. Currently property of the community.
4. Petit ouvrage de Fressinéa - 3 blocs - Located next to the D2205. Access from the D2205 five kilometers south of St-Saveur-sur-Tinée. Currently opened for public. built to protect the RN205 Road
5. Petit ouvrage de Valdeblore - 3 blocs - Located next to the D2565 west of the village Valdeblore - Access from the D2565 three kilometers west of Valdeblore. Currently abandoned.
6. Petit ouvrage La Serena – 3 blocks only B1 built, engines not installed
7. Petit ouvrage du Caire Gros - 4 Blocks B3 & B4 not built , engines not Installed
8. Petit ouvrage Col du Fort – 4 Blocks B1 & B4 not completed.
9. Gros ouvrage de Gordolon - 3 blocs - Located on the western bank of the river Vésubie near Lantosque - Access from the D2565. From Roquebillière going southwards take the first bridge after passing the road to the Col de Turini. After the bridge the first road on the right. Currently abandoned.
10. Gros ouvrage de Flaut - 5 blocs - Located North of La Bollène-Vésubie - Access from the D2565. Take the road to the Col de Turini. Take the first bridge on the left. After it turn right. Follow the road and turn right just before a water reservoir. In the bend after the second hairpin bend go right. In the next hairpin bend go left. Currently abandoned.
11. Petit ouvrage du Baisse St-Véran - 3 blocs (1 bloc completed) - Located near the Baisse de St-Véran. At the Col de Turini take the D68 to Authion. 400 m. after the barracks of Plan Caval take the path on the right to the Redoute des Trois Communes. From this redoubt go northwards in the direction of the Col de Raus. Currently abandoned.
12. Gros ouvrage du Plan Caval (May be PO not GO) - 6 blocs (3 blocs completed) - Located 4,5 km East of the Col de Turini - Access from the named pass. At the Col de Turini take the D68 to Authion. Continue on this road until you see the ruins of barracks on your right. Currently abandoned.
13. Petit ouvrage de la Béole - 3 blocs - Located 3,5 km SE of Authion. At the Col de Turini take the D68 to Authion. 750 m. after the Cabanes Vieilles take the path on your left to the Baisse de la Néggia and eventually to La Béole.
14. Petit ouvrage du Col d’Agnon - 3 blocs - Located 3 km NW of Breil-sur-Roya. Access from Breil-sur-Roja. Take the road to the Col de Brouis. After about 3 km from the crossing N204-D2204 take the path on the right. Continue to the Col d’Agnon.
15. Petit ouvrage de la Déa - 3 blocs - Located near the Baisse de la Déa. Access from the Col de Turini. Take the D68 to Authion. 750 m. after the Cabanes Vieilles take the path on your right to the Baisse de la Déa. Currently abandoned and closed.
16. Gros ouvrage du Col de Brouis - 3 blocs - Located 200 m. West of the Col deBrouis. Access from the pass. At the top go in the direction of Sospel and take the first road on the right. Currently abandoned and ruined.
17. Gros ouvrage du Monte Grosso - 7 blocs -Located 4 km North of Sospel. Access from Sospel. At the tourist board take the road North of the river Bevera and go westwards. After the second bridge take the road on the right. At the end go left. Attention the last part of the road is in a terrible condition. Currently abandoned.
18. Petit Ouvrage Champ de tir de ll’Agaisen - 3 blocs - Located 1,5 km North of Sospel. Access from Sospel. At the tourist board take the road North of the river Bevera and go westwards. After the second bridge take the road on the right. At the end go right. After about 1 km turn left to a water station. Currently owned by the community and used as a water source.
19. Gros ouvrage de l’Agaisen - 4 blocs - Located 1,5 km North of Sospel. Access from Sospel. At the tourist board take the road North of the river Bevera and go westwards. After the second bridge take the road on the right. At the end go right. Currently owned by an association.
20. Gros ouvrage de St-Roch - 4 blocs - Located South of Sospel. Access from Sospel. In the town centre follow the sings Fort de St-Roch (In the direction of Nice). Currently opened for to the public. Self Guided tour, good.
21. Gros ouvrage de Barbonnet - 2 blocs - Located 2 km SW of Sospel. Access from Sospel. Take the D2204 to Nice. At the Col St-Jean go right pass the holiday colonie. Currently owned by an association.
22. Gros ouvrage de Castillon - 5 blocs - Located South of the Col de Castillon. Access from Sospel. Take the D2566 to the Col de Castillon and Menton. Just before the tunnel turn right to the entrance. Currently abandoned.
23. Petit ouvrage du Col des Banquettes - 3 blocs - Located 200 m. N of the Col des Banquettes. Access from Ste-Agnès. Take the road to the Col des Banquettes. Currently abandoned.
a. Observatoire du Pic de Garuche - 2 blocs - Located 2,5 km N of Ste-Agnès. Access from Ste-Agnès. Take the road to the Col des Banquettes. At this pass take the road to the NW. About 1 km after the 8th hairpin bend go right in the direction of Mont-Ours. In the third hairpin curve take the path on the left. Currently abandoned.
24. Gros ouvrage de Ste-Agnès - 6 blocs - Located E of Ste-Agnès. Access from Ste-Agnès. From the village centre go South to the belvedere. Currently opened to the public.
25. Petit ouvrage du Col des Gardes - 4 blocs - Located 1.2 km S of Ste-Agnès. Access from Ste-Agnès. Take the D22 to Menton. The work is located on the right of the road after a 4.5 km drive.
26. Gros ouvrage du Mont-Agel - 8 blocs - Located 4 km N of Monte-Carlo. Access from La Turbie. Take the D53 in the direction of St-Martin-de-Peille. After crossing the highway turn right. Continue on this road passing a golf course. Attention: the last part of this road is military and the access is strictly forbidden. Currently used by the French air force.
27. Gros ouvrage de Roquebrune - 4 blocs - Located NE of Roquebrune-Cap Martin. Access from Beausoleil. Take the D51 to Roquebrune. 1.5 km after the entrance to the highway turn left on the D50. Currently abandoned.
a. Observatoire du Mont-Gros - 2 blocs - Located 1 km W of Roquebrune-Cap Martin. Access from La Turbie. Take the D53 in the direction of St-Martin-de-Peille. After crossing the highway turn right. After 3 km turn right again. Near a water reservoir go right. At a steep concrete road turn left to the paragliding strip. Follow the path to the top. Currently abandoned.
28. Petit ouvrage Croupe du Reservoir – 2 Blocks
29. Gros ouvrage du Cap-Martin - 3 blocs - Located in Cap-Martin. Access from the boulevard of Menton. Go westwards, following the main road. The work is 250 m. after the tunnel.